In order to celebrate the partnership with our new friends from Crypton Future Media, the Community’s Choice contest in Cosplay Gen #5 will have a special theme: Vocaloid. As the title implies, we will accept in the contest only Vocaloid cosplays, so if you have a good photo of you in Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, Kamui Gakupo, Kaito or any other Vocaloid, take your chance and submit it!
This Community’s Choice edition is sponsored by Crypton Future Media and made in collaboration with Mikubook.com – the official community for Hatsune Miku, which will provide some exciting prizes for the winners of the first, second and third place!
Also, the winner – the cosplayer who gets the most “FAVEs” on Mikubook.com – will be offered a special feature in Cosplay Gen #5.
Of course, don’t forget to read carefully the rules for the Community’s Choice – Vocaloid Edition, available below.
1. Submissions start on January 17 and end on February 12. The only way to submit for Community’s Choice Vocaloid Edition contest is through the online form below. Please don’t submit your costume through email, Facebook or by uploading it by yourself beforehand on Mikubook.com.
2. The theme for this Community’s Choice contest is “Vocaloid”, so only photos that represent Vocaloid cosplays are taken into consideration. All the Vocaloid range is permitted, regardless the Vocaloid character or costume.
3. Only cosplayers are allowed to submit. If you’re a photographer and want to submit your photo, please ask the cosplayer in the photo to make the submission.
4.1. Each cosplayer can only submit one photo, so be careful when you choose.
4.2. At least 70% of your costume needs to be visibile in the photo.
4.3. The submitted photo is not allowed to have any nudity or obscene content.
4.4. No group shots are allowed, please send us a photo with just you, the participant.
4.5. The photo needs to be at least 800px wide.
4.6. Watermarks are ok as long as they’re small and unintrusive, but please try sending photos without any added effects or text.
5. Starting with February 15, on Mikubook.com will be available a new category for cosplayers, where we will upload all the submissions once the submission time is over. The voting on Mikubook.com will last for exactly 2 weeks, from February 15 until February 29.
6. The organizers have the right to choose the photos themselves, according to the rules under section 4.
7. The organizers have the right to use the submitted photos on the organizers’ website (cosplaygen.com and mikubook.com) and on the social networks, with the purpose of promoting and unfolding the contest, with no claims from the cosplayers and/or photographers.
8. The voting process: the fans must “FAVE” on Mikubook.com their favourite cosplayer or costume. Those who will have the most “FAVEs” will win the contest. Good luck!
Submissions for the Community’s Choice-Vocaloid Edition column are now over. We will be starting the voting soon!